Engineering Manager APPLY NOW
About the Company
Silk + Sonder’s in the business of building bridges- taking people from life’s chaos, anxiety, and stress to joy, productivity, and intention with ease. Founded by Meha Agrawal, former Stitch Fix / Goldman Sachs software engineer, and backed by Redpoint, Tim Kendall, and Gokul Rajaram, Silk + Sonder’s science-backed, holistic approach to daily mental wellbeing has landed us 4.9 stars on the App Store, millions in revenue, and tens of thousands of devoted brand fanatics all across the country- well on our way to disrupting the $450Bn self-care industry. Through personalization, accountability, and accessibility, we are committed to making mental wellness a proactive affair, and catalyzing positive change and fulfillment in our customers’ lives no matter what setback or milestone they face.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to join our growing team. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing our engineering team, driving execution of our product features, and ensuring that we preserve high quality code and agile processes. This role requires strong technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and a passion for building innovative products.
You must embody curiosity, professionalism, and an above-and-beyond work ethic. We are specifically looking for individuals who embody our core values of:
- Speed - rapid rate of learning and swift speed of execution
- Excellence - opts for the solution that will optimize for success
- Radical Thoughtfulness - within the content created, the member experience, and with our team and partners
- Lean - scrappy but not sloppy
- Relentless Optimism - thinks like an owner, operates like a champion
- Drive - hungry and ambitious
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers, fostering a culture of collaboration, growth, and accountability.
- Set clear expectations, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance evaluations for team members.
- Drive the execution of engineering projects, ensuring high-quality deliverables that meet business requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the engineering team, assisting in problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive technical innovation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the technical roadmap and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- Identify process bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement, and implement strategies to optimize productivity.
- Foster a data-driven approach to decision-making, leveraging metrics and analytics to measure team performance and project success.
- Contribute in a hands-on manner writing code and reviewing code written by members of the engineering team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in software development and engineering principles with both web and mobile
- 3+ years of tech leadership experience
- Proficient in back-end languages including NodeJS and Typescript.
- Deep knowledge of database systems/SQL for DBs such as Postgres, Big Query, and MongoDB
- Have an exceptional track record as a senior engineering leader, including in high-growth, fast-paced startup environment
- Have the ability to attract, develop, and retain high-quality engineering talent and build an exceptional team
- Possess strong analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to lead technology teams in outcome and KPI-oriented ways
- Experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to overcoming challenges.
- Direct impact on improving women’s relationships with themselves as well as with others
- Collaborative, fast-paced team environment that offers ownership and autonomy alongside working with incredibly smart, authentic people
- Competitive compensation + equity participation and 401(k) option
- Flexible work-from-anywhere-anytime policy (we love world travelers, homebodies, and everything in between as long as things get done!)
- Unlimited vacation + company holidays
- Introspective, wellness experiences and retreats